Africa-focused Helios Towers outlined plans to expand its operation further across the continent using part of $450 million in new funds raised earlier this week, Bloomberg reported citing Ethiopia as one of its target markets.In an interview with the business publication Helios Towers CFO Tom Greenwood said the company was already in talks with potential partners over a move in Ethiopia, where the government is preparing to sell a stake in incumbent Ethio Telecom and issue licences to two new players.Though the opening of the mobile industry in Ethiopia has been delayed by Covid-19 (coronavirus)-related issues, authorities have reportedly restarted preparations. Greenwood noted the country offers a “very large opportunity” with an estimated 10,000 new towers expected to be needed over the next five years to support market growth.Other countries it is reportedly assessing include Morocco, Egypt and Madagascar.Helios Towers raised a total of $750 million earlier this week by issuing new debt: part of this was allocated to paying off some of its existing liabilities and fund expansion plans.The business currently has assets in Tanzania, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Ghana and South Africa, with almost 7,000 sites owned and operated by Helios Towers across these markets. Subscribe to our daily newsletter Back AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 12 JUN 2020 Previous ArticleBell Canada shakes off Covid-19 with 5G launchNext ArticleGoogle countersues speaker maker Sonos Tags Chris joined the Mobile World Live team in November 2016 having previously worked at a number of UK media outlets including Trinity Mirror, The Press Association and UK telecoms publication Mobile News. After spending 10 years in journalism, he moved… Read more Helios Towers seals $575M Omantel deal Helios Towers inks several Airtel Africa deals Home Helios Towers plans Africa expansion with fresh funds Chris Donkin Related Helios Towers Author Helios Towers resurrects London listing plans
Tot Espinoza encourages everyone entering Los Alamos to follow the science: wear masks, social distance and stay home when possible to stop the spread of COVID-19. Cartoon created by Jenn Bartram/ladailypost.com
By Gazette sports editor Russell Bennett Loyalty – to his club, and to his mates. That’s the first thing that…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
By ALANA MITCHELSON IT IS rare for an Anglo-Arabian horse to compete in high-level dressage, but experienced18-year-old rider Grace Lawes…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
VICTORIAN farmers have praised a five-year $20 million Coalition commitment to continue co-ordinating Australia’s battle to control the rabbit, carp,…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
Trafalgar Thunder followed up a West Kootenay Championship with a win at the Creston Invitational Boys Volleyball Tournament Saturday in the East Kootenay City.The Thunder defeated host Prince Charles of Creston 2-0 in the best-of-three title. Trafalgar swept through the round robin draw posting wins against Crawford Bay and two Creston teams.The Thunder defeated Crawford Bay in semi-final action to advance into the final.Trafalgar coach Staci Proctor said the Thunder consisted of 12 players this season with a mix of Grade 8’s, along with two players each from Grade 7 and Grade 6.“There are a lot of keen (Grade) 6’s so there should be a good turn out next year,” said Proctor, wanting to give a Shout Out to parent/assistant coach Riorden Bellman for all his help over the past three years.Trafalgar Thunder won the silver medal in the girl’s side of the tournament.
The latest GUI Podcast is now available at https://www.golfnet.ie/GUIPodcast and it features an interview with six-time GUI major winner Noel Fox. print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Sassuolo midfielder Sensi backed for move to AC Milanby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveSassuolo midfielder Stefano Sensi has been backed over a move to AC Milan.Sensi is a January target for the Rossonero.“The right man for Milan? Yes because Stefano is young and has great potential,” Alberto Aquilani, who played for both clubs, told Gazzetta dello Sport.“He’s grown a lot in recent months. He reminds me of Verratti for the way he plays. A regista and mezz’ala in one? Exactly. He can carry out both roles in the middle of the park.“As a regista he has an excellent vision, even if he lacks physicality, or if you want to build a team devoted to dribbling then he’s ideal.“Stefano’s a very polite and down-to-earth guy, who has his head on his shoulders. I certainly didn’t find him, but what struck me was his attention to the advice I gave him in training.“He’d often run a bit on empty, so I suggested to him the position to occupy tactically, which would make the most of his characteristics.”
New Delhi: Even as the debate on whether Vijay Shankar was the right pick for India’s no.4 slot at the upcoming World Cup refuses to die down, India’s 1983 World Cup-winning captain Kapil Dev has a different take on the whole issue. Speaking on the sidelines of a promotional event in the Capital, the former all-rounder said that with batsmen often playing at different positions for both their national teams as well as T20 franchises, they are all well-suited to bat in different positions. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: Rijiju “After seeing the T20s you can’t even say for sure who is an opener and who is a no. 4 batsman. Now the mindset is anybody can play anywhere. In today’s world, if you assign a number to a batsman it feels strange apart from an opener. And even openers are sent out at a different position many a times,” Kapil said. Shankar was chosen ahead of Ambati Rayudu by the selectors in April for the World Cup as chairman of selectors M.S.K. Prasad had said that Shankar provides a “three dimensional” option due to his ability with the ball. Also Read – Djokovic to debut against Shapovalov at Shanghai Masters Moving forward, the former captain was asked about his opinion on the chemistry between India captain Virat Kohli and M.S. Dhoni. Kapil said that while the pair have been successful, any chemistry would come naturally because they are playing for their country. “It looks like they have done extremely well which is great for India. As far as chemistry goes, all the players should understand that they are playing for their country and so no other thought should come in their heads. It’s not a husband-wife relation that you need a chemistry. You are playing under the flag of the country,” said Kapil. Kapil also praised India’s pace department and opined that the conditions on offer in England should suit them. “I think they are fantastic. They have (Mohammed) Shami and (Jasprit) Bumrah who can bowl at 145-plus speeds. They can swing the ball also and so this is a very good combination that we have,” the 60-year-old said. Kapil expects India to finish at least in the top four and hopes to see England and Australia there as well. However, the fourth team can be a pick between a number of contenders he feels. “New Zealand is good, so are Pakistan, West Indies and South Africa. India in particular are good because I feel they are one of the more experienced and well-balanced sides. They have four fast bowlers, three spinners and in the end you have Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni,” he said.